1300 Cedar Ave. Trail, BC V1R 4C2
Phone: (250) 368-5528
Fax: (250) 368-8825
DR. STEPHANIE CHURCH
BSc. (Hons), DC, ART Certified
Dr. Stephanie Church is originally from Ottawa, ON. She was introduced to chiropractic at a young age, being involved in gymnastics and dance for over a decade, chiropractic helped her maintain musculoskeletal health.
A career in healthcare was always a clear choice. Dr. Church completed a Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Ottawa in Biomedical Sciences. She then obtained her Doctor of Chiropractic degree at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, ON. Dr. Church started practicing as a locum chiropractor, covering maternity leaves in the province of British Columbia. She moved to the Kootenays in late 2017 and joined Dr. Scott Emery’s practice in Trail, BC. Dr. Stephanie has embraced the Kootenay lifestyle getting involved in her community and exploring the mountains downhill skiing, backcountry touring, cross-country skiing, hiking, and mountain biking.
Dr. Church has many additional qualifications including training in Active Release Technique (A.R.T.), functional movement assessment, Kinesio Taping, and different adjustment techniques. While in Ontario, she was also certified in contemporary medical acupuncture.
Dr. Church focuses on patient centered care, using your goals and best available evidence to develop a personalized treatment. Dr. Stephanie assists you in decreasing pain and restoring function, thus enabling you to return to your daily activities or enhance your high performance sport.
- Active Release Technique – Spine, Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity Level 1
- McMaster Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Certification
- Functional Rehabilitation – Dr. Liebenson, Dr. Stuart McGill
- Motion Palpation Institute – Functional Assessment & Manipulation of Upper Quadrant (Dr. Dale Buchberger), Spine, and Lower Quadrant
- Various Spinal Adjustment Techniques Seminars – Diversified, Thompson, Gonstead, Extremity adjusting
- KinesioTaping Application certification
- Wilderness First Responder, Standard First Aid, CPR C
- Young athletes – Building functional movement competency.
- Pregnancy – Pre/Post natal care.
- Foot/ankle, knee, hip and shoulder injuries.