Kinesio Taping® is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting range of motion. Correct professional application has the ability to re-educate the neuromuscular system, reduce pain and inflammation, optimize performance, prevent injury, decrease swelling and promote good circulation and healing.
Kinesio Tape is a light weight, latex-free, hypoallergenic, stretchable, medical grade adhesive tape that can be worn effectively for days at a time. It successfully supports a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions. It is often used in conjunction with a multitude of other treatment options, and can enhance and extend the benefits of other clinical modalities and manual therapies. It can be used effectively during the rehabilitative and chronic phases of an injury, as well as for preventative care and optimization of performance.
KINESIO TAPING AIDS WITH A VARIETY OF MUSCLE-ORIENTED ISSUES WHICH INCLUDE:
- Improving the contraction of weakened muscles.
- Reducing muscle fatigue and spasms.
- Reducing over-stretching and over-contraction of muscles.
- Re-educating muscles through sensory feedback.
- Lessening swelling (edema) by aiding the lymphatic system.
- Minimizing post-traumatic or post-surgical bruising through improved circulation.
- Helping mobilize scar tissue by enhancing glide between tissue layers.
Helping correct joint mechanics by aiding muscle function around the joint.
- Relieving pain by activating the natural analgesic system of our skin receptors.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THERAPY:
Kinesio Tape is applied to clean, dry skin in a specific manner and posture to ensure an effective treatment and to prolong the longevity and benefit of the tape. Patients are encouraged to practice, perform and compete as usual while wearing the tape as there are no movement restrictions that occur with its use. It can be expected to last three to five days, and maintains its benefits while in the pool or even after post work-out showers.
COMMON CONDITIONS THAT BENEFIT FROM THE USAGE OF KINESIO TAPE:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Lower Back Pain
- Knee and Shoulder Conditions
- Hamstring Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Pain
- Neuromuscular Injuries
- Tennis Elbow
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shin Splints
- Wrist Injuries
- Ankle Sprains
- Whiplash Injuries
- Athletic Prevention/ Duration